Are you concerned about losing account information by password theft, phishing, hacking or keylogging? The U2F Security Key is a specially designed hardware token that keeps your PushCoin account more secure than ever. Durable, conveniently sized and works with any browser that supports the FIDO U2F protocol. With Security Key, there’s no looking at codes and re-typing―you simply insert your Security Key into your computer’s USB port when asked.
Why should I use a Security Key?
- Better protection against phishing. With 2-Step Verification, PushCoin requires something you know (your password) and something you have (your Secure Key) to sign in. Security Key offers better protection because it uses cryptography instead of verification codes and automatically works only with the website it’s supposed to work with.
- No smartphone or batteries needed. Security Key works without a smartphone, you can carry it wherever you go on a keychain or in your wallet.
Requirements for using a Security Key
To use the U2F Security Key, you need the Google Chrome browser. Other browsers will be supported in the near future.
How do I get a Security Key?
You can use any device compliant with the open standard called “FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F)”. You can find FIDO U2F Security Key devices for sale on Amazon or other online retailers.
How it works?
- Enter your usual username and password in the login field.
- Insert your Security Key in a USB port when asked. Touch the button on the Security Key to generate your secure login credentials.
How to add a Security Key to my account?
- Login to your PushCoin account.
- Select Profile from the pull-down menu.
- Select Security Keys tab.
- Click Add Security Key button and follow on-screen instructions.