Note: The steps described here are only for the 14″ “silver-bezel” terminals.
- Go to Settings, Backup & reset, Factory data reset. Click on RESET DEVICE button at the bottom.
- When device comes back it’s wiped clean. Go to Settings and configure the WiFi so it’s functional again.
- Next, go to Apps, F-Droid. Make a pull-down-to-refresh gesture (slide from top-down) to kick off updates right away. This will start the updates and may take a minute or so. The F-Droid app will restart after the updates finish downloading and installing.
- Open the F-Droid app (if it closed after the update), then go to Settings at the bottom of the page, then Repositories.
- Click +NEW REPOSITORY button and type in: fdroid.pushcoin.com in the dialog that opens. Close it.
- Go back while still in the F-Droid app and go to Latest (a button at the bottom).
- Click the search button in F-Droid (a magnifying icon) and type “reggie”. Install it.
- When the Reggie app finishes installing, place the shortcut of the app on the main screen, preferably anchor it to the bottom panel.
- Launch the Reggie app and enter its Registration code obtained from the PushCoin website.
If you plan on using a barcode scanner or a PIN-pad please connect it now. When an external input device is connected for the first time – specially after the factory reset – the Android OS disables the on-screen keyboard as it assumes the physical keyboard took over. When that happens, go to Settings > Language & input > Current Keyboard. Turn on the Show input method.